Wednesday, November 26, 2014

It's Time


I feel like since leaving Afghanistan I’ve had what I can only describe as writers block towards putting a proverbial pen to paper on my experiences being gone for a year.  I have scribbled notes and half written blog posts from along the way... but nothing worthy of posting just yet.  Many moments couldn’t be written about at the time due to operational security risks.  But now I’m home.  And it's time.
 
It's time to give voice to the crazy memories made over a year.  Many were wonderful, some were terrible, others were life changing.
 
It's time to put in words the vast sacrifices we all made.
 
It's time to validate the time I took away from my family... to list reasons (if only for me now and maybe someday for my children) why I had to be there... why I made a difference.
 
It's time to at least slightly crack open the vault on moments I never, ever want to forget.
 
So here it goes... mostly in letter form as before... some in poetry.  Starting from where I left off (which was months ago).  Wish me luck, it may be a bumpy ride...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment